Friday, November 14, 2008

Items From My Past (Part 2: Brewers Items)

My 1982 Brewers Baseball. The year they were American Leauge Champions. My photography skills aren't the greatest but I swear that I did not move when I took this. Maybe the focus is on plastic covering outside the ball and that puts the signatures out of focus???
I have the entire set of 6 1982 Brewer McDonald's placemats. Purchasing them at McDonald's benefited the Ronald McDonald House. This one is of infielders Jim Gantner (2B) and Robin Yount (SS). I also found the Robin Yount "3000" book they gave out at a game my Dad went to with my Grandfather. The book lists every one of his first 3000 hits. I'm keeping all this in one storage box with along with some local newspapers from various events or significant dates...Yount 3000, Paul Molitor's 39 game hitting streak, "Allied Jets Pound Iraq" (1991), my birth date in 1972 and so on.

My Brewer hat and a helmet I had. I don't know where the helmet came from but it says RC Cola on the back.

We got this plastic Brewers home plate by collecting and sending in Brewer points. I think we collected them primarily from frozen pizza labels. It has the Milwaukee Brewers logo of that time, the m & b that looks like a glove but without enough fingers.

No comments: