Sunday, June 15, 2008

Netflix activity update

Updated list of movies I've seen this year or since this post. Most recent at the top of the list this time around.

Jeremiah Johnson
Batman Forever
This is War: Memories of Iraq
Sexy Beast
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Batman
Tool: Vicarious
The Punisher
The Brave One
The Cave
Dr Katz: Professional Therapist (Season 2)
American Gangster
No Country for Old Men
Hostel: Part II
V: The Final Battle
V: The Original Miniseries
28 Weeks Later
28 Days Later
Hot Fuzz
Four Rooms
Hills Have Eyes 2
Shooter
Black Sheep (mutant sheep, not the Chris Farley movie)
Sin City
Transformers
The Grudge
A History of Violence
Black Snake Moan
Live Free or Die Hard
Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fantastic Four
Stranger than Fiction
1408
Bourne Ultimatum

Right now I'm working my way through some of the old Batman movies. I remember the first one being real big when I was in High School. They even had a Batman ride at Great America which I have been on at least once and probably a few times. I never saw the movie until now and I'm wasn't all that impressed with it. I'm watching the rest of them and I feel like I'm sort of forcing my way through them. I messed up the order though somehow I've seen "Forever" before "Returns". Sometime next I'll make my way through all the Spiderman movies. Maybe those will be better but I doubt it. That newer Ed Norton Incredible Hulk movie they have commercials on TV now looks much better than the last one. I don't know why I'm watching all these comic book to movie, movies but I am.

I remember watching V when it was on TV when I was in 4th grade. This was before we had a VCR. I remember missing the beginning of one of them because I was at school for some sort of sex ed. thing they had. I remember a film of a birth which pretty much grossed us out as kids. We had to rush home when it was over so we could watch part 2 of the final battle I think it was. It's kind of corny to watch it now but it brought back some memories. I was surprised how many of the scenes I remembered as well as I did for not having seen it in 25 years. The special effects weren't as bad as I might've thought. Diana eating a guinea pig was pretty fake looking but other than that it wasn't bad. I'll probably get the TV series sometime but it's spread over 6 DVD's so it'll take some time to get through. Or I might skip it altogether. I have lot of other stuff in my queue I'd rather see before that.

    No comments: