Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Couple Interesting Columns

I meant to post this first one a while back. I've heard over and over about how polls are saying people think America is heading in the wrong direction. Which I should think is obvious. I totally agree with that. But what frustrates me is that it always seems to be liberals that refer to these polls and use them as evidence that we need "change".

My beef is that there's never the obvious follow-up question. What is wrong and what is the right direction for change? What changes are favorable to most Americans and what will turn us back in the "right" direction? Starting with this column I've seen more attention to this obvious follow-up question. I read this a while back and thought that it said everything I was thinking.

If On the Wrong Track, Why Go Left? By Denis Prager


Column #2.
I see the cost of energy going way, WAY up in the not so distant future if things don't change and FAST. We haven't seen high gas prices yet. It will be much worse if Obama wins in the fall. We're sitting on all this oil but we don't drill for it. We not building more refineries or coal plants or nuclear plants. AND we're using a large percentage of our corn to make ethanol which is a net loss in terms of fuel consumption. How stupid is all this? And Congress wants to tax the oil companies? Sue OPEC? Put a tax on carbon emissions? That's all just incredibly dumb. Our Democrat controlled Congress has no clue.

Critical Thinking on Energy By Charles Krauthammer

And lastly a 2 parter about Liberal myths spread by the media.

Tackling Five Modern Myths Created by Liberals By John Hawkins
and
Tackling Five Modern Myths Created By Liberals Part 2

...for a total of 10 myths.

No comments: