Monday, January 02, 2006

63 BPM

I spent New Years Eve high on sugar. I was at my Aunt's place for our Christmas celebration and I had numerous Christmas cookies and some kind of chocolate pie with booze in it. During the course of the 4 hours while I was there I had 2 Point Root Beers which were probably also loaded with sugar. I left my Aunt's place around 4:00 for my annual New Years celebration at Kevins. I ate more junk food there including a homemade doughnut that was covered in sugar. I was also drinking the Mountain Dew that I brought along for the occasion. After all of the festivities when I was going to sleep on the couch I could feel that my pulse was high so I counted it for a full minute. I counted 63 beats. I normally range from the middle 40's to the low 50's. Sometimes during the day it can get as high as the mid 50's but I can't remember the last time it was higher than the 50's that didn't involve physical activity.

I played a new game Kevin got for PS2 called Burnout 3. I thought the game was pretty cool. It's basically a racing game. There's a couple different kinds of races but they all involve a lot of destruction. Your supposed to try to wipe out your opponents rather than just beat them like in most racing games. If I can find that game used or something I'd buy it and I don't buy that many games.

After that we watched a DVD and then we played a game called "Catch Phrase". It's kind of like Taboo only without all the words you can't say. You divide into 2 teams and you try to get your team to say a word that the little gizmo gives you. If your team gets the word you pass it on to the other team. The gizmo has a timer and whenever it goes off the team holding it gives up a point. I noticed that the timer is random so it's not always the same amount of time for each go around. It only beeps faster and faster so you know when it's getting close. There were 8 of us altogether and we rang in the new year playing that. It was more fun playing that than I expected it to be.

After everyone left or went off to bed Kevin and I watched some of the UFC: Best of 2005 show on Spike TV. They had the Liddell vs Horn fight which wasn't on TV before except for the original pay-per-view. I watched that until it was over about 2:30. Just a bit after that was when I counted my heart rate at 63.

No comments: