Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tuna Casserole

I made myself a tuna casserole last week. It was the first time I made it in a long time. I wasn't sure why at first but my shelf was real stocked up on the ingredients for it. Then I remembered that the last time I made it was last September when I got sick. I had a big plate of it and that same night I ended up puking everything around 3:00 in the morning. At first I thought it was something I ate (which of course would've been my tuna casserole). I didn't find out until later the next day that my dad and my grandma were also sick and my sister and brother-in-law had also been sick. Apparently my niece brought something home from daycare and spread it around. Even though it turned out that my casserole had nothing to do with being sick in the first place it's taken roughly 4 months for me to get past that association between tuna casserole and being sick. I hardly ever get sick enough to puke. Up until that night I probably hadn't puked for something like 15 years. At first I wasn't even sure how to go about doing it. I was pretty sure it was going to happen but how was I going to know when and how to do it? When the time came and I knew something was definitely going to happen it was real easy. It turns out you don't really have to do anything. Puking is more like something that happens to you. As I was heading for the bathroom I could feel myself beginning to salivate. I don't know why that happens but it does to me anyway. I'd say it was pretty violent and my stomach twisted and churned until I thought there could be nothing left in it. I felt much better when it was all over. I ended up taking 2 days off from work and 4 months away from tuna casserole. I'm glad I can eat it again because I like tuna.

1 comment:

Aldrich said...

Back in 8th grade, I fasted during the entire Lenten season excluding Sundays. Followed a strict diet: wabter, French read, and "Tuna Casserole"; no butter, no glass of milk. After that, I began to associate tuna with hunger, weakness, and religion. Thank God, however, "New study shows no intellectual damage in teens exposed to high levels of mercury while in the womb"