Saturday, January 28, 2006

Hair is overrated

That picture on the right in my header that looks like a negative is me. I took that picture of myself not long after I first trimmed off all of my hair. Or maybe I should say remaining hair. I can't remember exactly when my hair first started to thin out but once I hit maybe 30 it was increasingly obvious that I was eventually going to loose a lot more than I had at first thought. I didn't really mind when my hair started to thin out some, but the problem was it just didn't stop thinning. I got to a point that I wouldn't call "bald" but you could definitely see more of my head through my hair than I liked and I decided something had to change. I decided to just buzz it all off and I did that in May last year. For a while I used a trimmer that I got at Target on the shortest setting it would go to. I had to do that about twice a week to keep it short. For a while now about once a week I've just been shaving my head completely. I'd have to say I don't miss having hair at all. I wish I had cut it all off much earlier. Hair is completely overrated. Even if I could grow back every hair I once had I'm not sure I would want to. I never did spend inordinate amounts of time on my hair but now that I only take 10 or 15 minutes a week shaving my head I think it's been a real time saver. It's very low maintenance. I don't need to keep track of a brush or a comb and I don't need to spend money on hair care products or haircuts. My mother may disagree, but I think my decision to start shaving my head was one of the best decisions I made in 2005.

No comments: