Sunday, April 01, 2007

Florida 2007

Two months ago when it was snowing and cold in Wisconsin I got to go on a trip to Florida. The company I work for is in its' 25th year, so to celebrate the anniversary and to reward the dedicated employees that have made it possible, the company paid for everyone and a guest to fly out to Florida and spend Friday to Monday at Disney World (official site). We stayed at the Contemporary Resort and we had our meal plans paid for and everything. It was pretty much all expenses paid. I don't think I even spent $20 the whole weekend. It worked out real nice because you could get just about anywhere either using the monorail which went right through the middle of our building or by taking a bus. There aren't really many other places the company could have taken us where that would've been the case. We had park hopper passes for the whole weekend so we could visit all the major parks...Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and MGM Studios along with Downtown Disney. The highlight for me was Animal Kingdom. It's like a big zoo but it has a lot of animals that our zoo here doesn't. I took the vast majority of my photos there. Plus it has a safari ride and a roller coaster.

The accommodations at the resort were more than I expected. It was much more than your average hotel that's for sure. They had a flat panel monitor with a laptop type keyboard right in the room. It had a Disney intranet setup where you could look up park hours and get directions and details about attractions and the parks and things like that. Plus you could access the Internet from it besides which was real nice. The bed was super comfortable. Now I'm thinking about a new mattress for here at home like that one I slept on there.

These photos are from the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from Friday night. After we got in Friday we walked from the resort over to get something to eat. Shortly after that they had these fireworks. I think they had them every night at 7:00.




Rhinoceros


Anteater


?????

Sunday night our whole group gathered together for dinner at the Ohana. One of our co-founders is retired and lives in Florida and she and her husband were able to join us which was real cool. I took this picture of the grill at the Ohana.

No comments: