Sunday, April 22, 2007

Club on the Club

My dad and I went to the Brewers game on Friday compliments of ABF. I haven't been to a Brewer's game in like forever. I think I went the first year the new stadium was open but that's the only time I've been to Miller Park for a game so far. The Club on the Club area that we had our tickets for was first class. It's new at Miller Park this year. I've never been in one of those luxury boxes which is what I originally thought we were going to be in. This was similar to that only there was no glass. It's all open. It's more like an outdoor cafe overlooking a ball field. In addition to the usual ballgame food (brats, nachos, burgers, etc.) they had tons of other good food...a couple of buffet tables full. The food and 2 drinks were free and after that you paid for just the drinks. Two drinks were plenty for me but ABF had a tab going even if it wasn't. We have a new rep now so maybe we'll get to do this more often. I'm really hoping so.
Friday at the game they gave away bobble heads of Cecil Cooper. The Brewers are giving away bobble heads of the 1982 Brewers team as a promotion this year. The box it came in says there are 13 all together but I think that means 13 players. I think it's really 26 total because each player will have a bobble head with both a home and an away uniform. My dad and I both got away uniforms on our Coopers. This is picture I took of mine.


I just found this on the Brewer's web site:

All fans in attendance will receive a collectible 5 inch Brewers bobble head doll, featuring former Brewers player Cecil Cooper. 5,000 of the dolls will feature Cooper in the powder blue uniform, and the rest of the dolls will showcase the pinstripe uniform. This is the second in a series of 13 collectible bobbles featuring former Brewers players from the 1982 team.

No wonder I saw that guy on the way out looking for a trade if only 5000 out of the 50,000 or so they had were the powder blue uniform. I'm sort of glad I didn't make that trade. It would be cool if I could collect all of these but that probably won't happen. The Brewer's in '82 will be something I'll never forget. I was 9 and it was the first time in my life I was learning to follow baseball and to top it all off the Brewers went to the series that year. I can still remember all the regular players and their position on the field but the batting lineup is a little foggy now after 25 years.

No comments: