Sunday, April 22, 2007

American Idol

Before this season I never watched this show for more than a combined total of 5 minutes. I heard a lot about it of course but never watched it. This year I started watching right near the beginning when all of the delusional folks are trying out for a chance to go to Hollywood. Those try-out shows are hilarious. I can't sing to save my life but at least I know it. After Hollywood I watched a couple of the episodes where the women competed and then I tuned in for the eliminations too. I'm a guy after all so there's no reason for me to care about the episodes where guys compete. Now that they're eliminating only 1 per week I just don't have the patience to sit through watching it. I'll maybe start watching it again when it gets to be the final 3 or 4. Melinda Doolittle is going to win this thing for sure if you ask me. Sanjaya finally went down last week. Lots of pre-teen girls probably ran off their rooms crying. That guy was strange. I was afraid for a while the world might end up with another Michael Jackson type. I remember when Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire on the set of a Pepsi commercial and it was the biggest news item at the top of all local the broadcasts. I think I was in 5th grade. Anyway I'm relieved Sanjaya's gone from the competition.


I don't know if it's been like this in other seasons but there were some real attractive women in the top 24. Alaina Alexander I thought was uber cute. She didn't sing that well when compared with the others so I wasn't surprised to see her go. She could barely get started singing after she got eliminated she was breaking down big time. When I first started watching the show this year that struck me as odd that they did that to people. They tell them they're out and then barely a moment later shove a mic into their hands and expect them to sing again. Alaina might've fared better with a commercial break inbetween or something.

No comments: