Saturday, February 04, 2006

Steady Diet of Pizza

I think I've eaten more pizza this week than I have in the previous 3 months combined. On my way home from work Monday I was picking up some orange juice at the store and I decided to buy a couple brands of frozen pizza that I hadn't ever had before. I got a Palermo's Deluxe thin crust and a Tony's Supreme, also with a thin crust. I'm usually a Tombstone, cheese and sausage kind of guy unless I'm buying the more expensive brands like DiGiorno or Freschetta but I thought I'd try out some of the other cheap brands. I eat half at a time and I ate the first part of the Palermo's that night, then the second half right away on Tuesday night. It was good because it was pizza but as pizza goes it was pretty disappointing. I think the problem was it didn't have enough cheese. For some reason the second half I ate Tuesday night was better. I think maybe the cheese wasn't distributed evenly on the pizza. Then I had pizza for lunch on Thursday. Every year the overall winner of our weekly football pool buys pizza lunch for the office. It was Pizza Hut pizza which is good I guess. I like it better than some of the other places around here. I thought that was all the pizza I was going to have for while but then last night (Friday) my neighbor bought me a small pizza because of a favor I did for her. I wasn't expecting anything in return of course but maybe a half an hour after I got home from doing this favor my doorbell rang. It was her son Devon and he handed me a hot pizza. I was pretty blown away. I told him to thank her for me but I was pretty surprised by the whole thing so I jumbled my words a bit. Anyway I was starving because it was around 9:00 and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I already had a grilled cheese sandwich going and can of Tomato soup on the stove so I just ate 2 pieces of the pizza and had my grilled cheese and soup with it. I ate the rest of that pizza today. I'm not sure where it was from but it was real real good. There was an image on the box of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It only said "Pizza" and "Thank you for your business" and a few other non-specific things that didn't identify where it came from. I'd like to find that out. I like pizza a lot and if it were a healthier thing to eat I'd probably eat it everyday....but since it isn't I probably should cut back again for a while.

No comments: