Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jim's Electric......Blanket

I woke up this morning to discover only half of my electric blanket was warm. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to replace it. I keep my thermostat at 65 degrees at night and for most of this winter I've been burying myself under multiple blankets to keep warm. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago I decided to pull my old electric blanket out of the closet. I had to wash it first before I could use it again because it didn't smell very fresh. It smelled a lot better after and it's been working perfectly up until now. I've wished I'd been using it all along. The last winter I used it was 1998/99. I only remember that because of certain associations between the blanket I slept under and where I lived and the things that went on during that year in my life. Anyway this morning I was still plenty warm with only one half working. I sleep pretty much in the middle of my bed so theoretically half of me should fall under the warm side of the blanket at all times. I figure as long as my blood continues to circulate I should stay warm. Although I might have to turn the warm side higher for that to work exactly right.

No comments: