Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist

One of my favorite TV shows Dr. Katz has made it to DVD. So far only the first season is out. It's a mere 6 episodes but later seasons have more episodes to them and I presume their release on DVD is forthcoming. I used to watch this show all the time when I was in college. When I spotted the DVD on the rack at Best Buy I knew immediately I wasn't leaving the store without one in my bag. The animation style used in Dr. Katz is called squigglevision. Basically even thought the characters are stationary their outlines are constantly undulating and wiggling around. I think I'm going to go watch an episode right now. If I remember right I had a cartoon crush on Laura the receptionist.

Some Dr. Katz related places on the internet I found interesting:

Dr Katz Episode Guide

The Many Faces of Dr. Katz - fan site

A list of Dr. Katz's patients from Jonathan Katz's official site

No comments: