Monday, December 14, 2009

Massive Head Wound

Well not exactly massive, but I did cut myself shaving. I took a pretty good chunk of skin off somehow. I tried to take a photo, but it turns out to be pretty difficult to take a good quality photo of the back of ones' own head.

After I cut myself and I was bleeding I was reminded of "Massive Headwound Harry", which is an SNL skit from season 17 (1991-1992). All I could remember was the name until I looked it up on the Internet. And here it is...




The Internet can be a wonderful resource. Recently I was able to prove to some family members who doubted that what I was saying was ever true, that on "Wheel of Fortune" contestants used to buy items with their winnings instead of taking home cash. I remembered this format clearly but they insisted that I was confused. A little web searching and I was vindicated thanks to Wikipedia and YouTube (and Google).

Wheel of Fortune Gameplay...Retired Gameplay elements...Shopping (Wikipedia)

And if you doubt the reliability of Wikipedia (another topic entirely), you simply cannot dispute this video clip I found on YouTube. And there are a few more clips like it that show the same "shopping" format which they had used from 1983-1987.

No comments: