Sunday, July 15, 2007

I failed

I went to my emission test last week for my truck. I passed the first part fine but I failed the gas cap test. Now I have to get a new gas cap and drive back to retake the test. Apparently my original cap doesn't form a good enough seal or whatever. I've been unknowingly allowing gas fumes to escape into our atmosphere. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) they are according to what I read. I should send Ford the bill for putting such a crappy one on in the first place.

My car passed the test earlier this year. I got photos off of my computer again. I bring up the website on my computer before I leave and then when I get back I sort thru the cached internet files and pull out the images for the time period while I was in line. Shows here I was first in line for nearly 15 minutes while 5 other cars in the '96 or newer lane got to pass through. Maybe next time if it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while I'll get out and sit on my hood or do a little dance in that open middle lane like Napoleon in Napoleon Dynamite.





No comments: