Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Morning Cartunes with Dietrich

Sometimes I wonder what radio DJ's I hear look like. When I hear Dietrich from the Saturday morning 6-9AM slot on WMSE I picture Lieut. Dan from Forrest Gump. I shouldn't be surprised if Dietrich looks nothing like this but I bet he did at one time. At the same time Gary Sinise doesn't sound anything like Dietrich does. I also wonder about Haven from the same time slot on Wednesday mornings. She sounds very much like a former friend of mine from my early college years and I have a hard time getting that out of my head when I hear the radio on Wednesday mornings. It's uncanny. It's like they were separated at birth or something. I'll bet she looks nothing at all like I imagine.

I'll have to go to a radio station event sometime to find out what everybody looks like. I think they have a chili cookoff or something every year. I'm not sure when that is. I think Dietrich said this morning that he might check out the Primus show tonight at the Rave. Maybe I'll go to that and see if I'm able to find a guy that looks like Lieut. Dan but with legs.

No comments: