Thursday, August 24, 2006

I was wrong

It doesn't happen very often but this time I was wrong about my cyclocomputer. It turns out that it will display more than 999.9 miles before it goes back to zero. I have a strong suspicion the battery in it will die before I reach 9999.9 miles. It's more likely I'll be using a different computer altogether on a different bike. I might have to get this new bike before fall this year or otherwise wait until closer to next spring. I'm not sure I could handle it to buy a new bike in the winter but then not be able to ride it until all the way to spring. It would be like getting golf clubs for Christmas. I can see myself walking past my shiny new bike each day as it sits in my garage. All the while I'm freezing my butt off wishing for spring to come so I can actually ride it around. I've seen people out riding around in some real cold weather but I personally like it to be at least 60 degrees.

No comments: