Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I copied a DVD

I burned a DVD tonight that was a copy of one I own. I did it just to try it out. The rewritable discs I have aren't the Dual Layer kind. I didn't want to waste a regular non-rewritable DL disc if I did something wrong during the rip and burn processes so I had to search my shelf for a DVD that wasn't Dual Layer. Most of them are as it turns out. Copying a DVD is pretty simple. I can see myself doing it. I probably shouldn't but I'm pretty sure I will at some point. I copied this movie I bought for $3 or something at Best Buy one time. It barely rates a "B" horror movie but it was cheap enough and interesting looking enough for me to buy it. It's called "Pieces" and the tagline on the box says, "It's exactly what you think it is!" The cover has a picture of a chainsaw and a woman with stitches circling various points on her body…neck, arms, wrists, legs, and knees. She looks sort of "pieced" together. At only $3 doesn't that sound intriguing? Anyway it's only a single layer DVD so as an experiment I ripped it and then burned a copy of it. This copy works just like the original. Thankfully I only used a rewritable disc so I can use it again later on for something else more worthwhile.

No comments: