Thursday, July 13, 2006

My unfinished Rubik's Cube

I bought this Rubik's cube a few years ago while Christmas shopping at a Toys R Us. For a long time I left it on a shelf above my computer desk in its' completed form. Every now and then I'd take it down, mix it up and then finish it up again in a matter of a few minutes, putting all the like colors on each single side of it. More recently I've been leaving it on the shelf all mixed up in its' undone state. This unfinished state is a metaphor for my life. There seems to be a number of things in my life that I have plans for but have not yet started and also things I've begun, but for various reasons have not yet completed. And so for now I leave my cube undone even though I'm capable of completing it anytime I chose to. Every now and then I look at my cube in its' unfinished state and I am reminded and I ponder these other things in my life that are incomplete and unfinished. Things that I'm also perfectly capable of pursuing and seeing through to their end.

No comments: