Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tempur-Pedic Mattress

I picked up one of these Tempur-Pedic beds maybe about 2 months ago. I've been wanting a new mattress for a long time and an opportunity came about to get one of these second hand that was about a year old. It's basically like the photo, but without the fancy wood frame and without the pillows. Brand new for just a metal frame, box, and the mattress in queen size these are about $2000 before tax and delivery. You can't use an ordinary frame and box spring though, because these mattresses weigh a lot more than a normal mattress. With my dad's help we hauled it away for 500 bucks.
It's the best $500 I've spent in a while. It's real comfortable. You sort of sink in and are enveloped a bit when you lay on it. I sleep on either side now all night where I used to roll from one side to the other a lot more. I have an "S" shape in my spine, so I could always only stay on one side until it got uncomfortable and then I'd switch. Now either side is comfortable indefinitely and occasionally I'll even sleep on my back.

I saw a video of the steamroller demonstration once, but all I can find at the moment is a photo. If I remember correctly they rolled over it once out and once back and it came right back to shape.

No comments: