Saturday, April 29, 2006

StarTrac Machines and Sandwiches (again)

I just finished my sandwiches after I got back from my Saturday workout. My sandwiches were as great as last week's sandwiches. I cannot imagine a time when I will ever grow weary of the taste of my sandwiches or desire any other after workout meal. Quick summary of my workout....I did an hour on the StarTrac crosstrainer. I've found that different machines have a different feel to the resistance at the same level. I struggled a bit my first half hour to stay at level 12 once I was warmed up. I alternated between 12 and 11 with 5 minutes a piece on each. The second run even on the same machine was altogether different. I used levels 13 and 14 in the same way I did the 11/12 except I did 11 minutes on 14 then 4 on 13, alternating until the half hour was up. I felt pretty great throughout except for there was somebody nearby that kept farting or something. I was near a ceiling fan and I'm not sure if that sucked the offending air toward me or away from me but it was pretty foul either way. It smelled like a sewer. After the StarTrac there was somebody on my usual Lifefitness Cycle so I tried one of the StarTrac cycles. I wanted to try one out anyway and I was pretty impressed. It has the same little fan attachment as the crosstrainer does. I noticed the pedaling seemed to be at a bit of a different angle than I'm accustomed to and the pedals seemed a bit close together but those would be my only complaints. The mechanism for the straps on the pedals was solid and easy to operate. It had arm rests and the heart rate sensors were on this adjustable bar that came out in front of you. I thought that was pretty cool. I tried one of the regular (not recumbent) bikes a few weeks ago and I liked that. The operation was real smooth and quiet on both types of bikes. I think I might switch to the StarTrac bike for good now.
So for the day now I'm worked out, showered and cleaned up, I've had some great sandwiches to satisfy my appetite....and I've written about it here while I rest up. So now what?

No comments: