Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm back.......again

I've not had any real trouble with the "operating system not found" issue but my internet service has been out. I've been off since the 2nd of March with the exception of about a week in the middle of March. I almost became accustomed to not having any service. The wireless service I had uses a radio signal from a tower near my place and the frequency of the trasmission from the tower is 2.4 GHz. Apparently that is an unlicensed frequency that anyone can use. The problem I was having was that someone nearby was using some device with that same frequency and (unknowingly) interfering with my signal. Some newer cordless phones use the 2.4 band among other things. I thought for a while I would ask my neighbor if she had one of these phones but in the end it wouldn't really matter. It's not as if I could tell her to stop using her new cordless phone. And beside that the range on those phones is pretty far so it could be any of a number if different neighbors (or devices). So in order to get back online I got Roadrunner. It's faster at downloading but slower uploading than the wireless was. At least I'm online again. I have the introductory rate for now but eventually it's going to cost me about twice what the wireless was. OUCH! After I got it I went through some of the steps from the booklet in the welcome kit to activate my account. I'm not completely sure it was even necessary to do the steps but I did them anyway. Now I have this roadrunner in the corner of my Internet Explorer browser. He runs whenever I click on a link. For some reason the welcome kit or the roadrunner mousepad that it came with smelled like bacon at first.

So now since I'm back for good I guess I plan to continue where I left off with this blog. That is to say I plan to continue to write about whatever nonsense I feel like sharing and continue to use my corner of the web as my creative outlet.

No comments: